If you have ever eaten magic mushrooms before, you will know that they can taste pretty bad. Don’t worry, you no longer need to force the awful tasting little guy down your throat — learning how to make shroom tea will make the entire experience a pleasant one.
How to Make Shroom Tea — The Ingredients
The only ingredient you absolutely need is the mushrooms (obvious, isn’t it?) however, there are some other factors you can add in to improve the flavour further.
- Magic mushrooms (your favourite strain, make sure to cut or crush them)
- Water strainer
- Honey, orange juice, sugar or your favourite type of tea (all optional and will add a touch of sweetness)
- Chicken or beef stock (only add this if you want a savoury brew)
Do remember that adding in any citrus to the tea will heighten the psychedelic effects. It may even bring them on quicker, so use with care!
How to Make Shroom Tea — The Method
- Weigh out the mushrooms.
- Measure out the water. You will have to use 1 cup of water for every 5 grams of mushrooms — don’t skip these steps!
- Pour the water into a kettle and boil it.
- Chop up the mushrooms. You can crush them if you prefer, but for many, cutting them is just easier.
- Put them into a teapot.
- Once the water in the kettle has boiled, pour into the teapot.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring periodically.
- After the waiting, pour into cups. Place the strainer over each one so you don’t get any chunks falling into your drinking vessels.
- At this point, you can add any optional ingredients you chose.
You can get a second round out of the leftover chunks, so keep them if you want to reuse.
Once you know how to make shroom tea, it is easy to make the second pot. Just put them back into the teapot, use the same amount of boiling water and there you have it!
It is as simple as 1, 2, 3!